1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sms notification reader

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrhappycow, Dec 28, 2011.

1. mrhappycow

mrhappycow Lurker

Hi all.
    I'm kinda new here, but regardless i have I question maybe you could help me answer. So when I recieve a sms text message the phone vibrates, led flashes and a notification appears in the notification bar. So everything is working just fine there. Then if I reply and go back to the home screen sometimes the little message in the bar stays there. Most of the time if I go back to my text message inbox it will have the little green 1 next to the message thread even though I replied and the preview message is of mine. The other person still has not replied yet but it tells me there is a new message.

Anyone else have a problem like this or similar?
    Not too much of a problem maybe just a slight bug..
    Thanks guys!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. woodsytattooman

woodsytattooman Android Enthusiast

Ive had this happen and noticed if i use the sms widget it seems to happen.So now i just open my messages and reply.Also when you open your messages you can hit menu and select mark read and the notification will be removed.You can shut off the notification in the status bar under sms settings if it becomes too bothersome.Im not sure but i think its a problem with the stock widget not updating with the messages correctly.

mrhappycow likes this.

HTC Vivid Forum

The HTC Vivid release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews