• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS notification sounds go off continuously until opened

TruthSeeker8

Lurker
Aug 22, 2016
Hi, my phone is driving me absolutely insane! Every single time I receive a text (stock SMS message app) it notifies me continuously until I go to my inbox and tap on the new message, and even then I have to go back to my inbox in order for the notification to finally stop.
I've tried putting it on vibrate, but instead of hearing the notification sound (sound that I selected from the pre-installed notification sounds, no special app used) I just heard my phone vibrating all night long (until I turned my phone off)
I have selected mute, but that's not really a viable option for me because I won't even know if I get a new text unless I go into messages.
There doesn't seem to be a notification reminder setting option on my phone either, that I've seen with previous phones, where I can select it to go off for a certain length of time.
The interruptions are so annoying also, if I'm listening to music or watching Netflix, or even in the middle of a phone call! I've tried messing around with the interruptions settings but no luck.
Please help! Thank you so much in advance!

Phone specs:
ZTE Prestige N9132
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Android version: 5.1.1

Screenshot_2016-08-22-16-03-03.png Screenshot_2016-08-22-16-03-17.png Screenshot_2016-08-22-16-04-13.png

Last edited:
Was trying to find and reply to a different thread on this forum (from a google search), but, found this one. Went to "Settings/Accessibility/Notification reminder" on my wife's Samsung S6 and turn it from On to Off. It stopped the "random" notification tones from unread emails and application notifications. It drove me absolutely NUTS!

Wished I'd found this comment earlier, but, first googling the problem, I found another thread (on this forum) that did not give me the exact answer, but, a good direction to troubleshoot. (Actually, no one on the other thread had the answer...)

After figuring it out, I tried to find and reply to that original thread, but, had to sign up to AndroidForums to reply. Doing so, I lost the thread and searched for it AGAIN only to find this thread... Whew!

At least, there are no more notification tones keeping me awake!!! Good job, Issac Guti!!! I congratulate us... Think I'll go have a Jack Daniels.

Reactions: IsaacGuti
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones