• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sms notifications while on phone?

has this been asked before? I tried searching but everything i found was notifications for regular SMS, and notification not waking the phone up. Basically i'm looking for a beep of some sort that notifies me of when i get a text when i'm on the phone. I've had that little bit or sound since 1998 when cell phones were getting heavy on the market and in the US, but for some reason, the droid does not notify me when i get a text while i'm on the phone. Is there an option i'm missing somewhere?

I was skeptical about Handcent too, but I gave it a try and it's really great you should at least try it. Make sure you change the bubble layout though, because for some reason it defaults to having a clone of the iPhone's bubbles. I like the "Handcent" one personally. If you're used to the stock messaging app, there's an option that looks a bit like that.

The personalization options of Handcent are really worth looking into I think. I haven't noticed any drop in battery life or anything either.

Upvote 0
has this been asked before? I tried searching but everything i found was notifications for regular SMS, and notification not waking the phone up. Basically i'm looking for a beep of some sort that notifies me of when i get a text when i'm on the phone. I've had that little bit or sound since 1998 when cell phones were getting heavy on the market and in the US, but for some reason, the droid does not notify me when i get a text while i'm on the phone. Is there an option i'm missing somewhere?

mine does as double vibrate thing when I have a new notification

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones