• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS Notifications

Hi, i have an LG Optimus One (LG-P500h) and I want to use GO SMS PRO as my default sms application, i've installed it and disabled the stock app notifications.

The problem comes when i get a new message and read it, the unread message count still appears on the lock screen and does not dissapear until i read the text from the stock app.

I've looked everywhere and can't find a solution, i've seen 'change to numlock or pattern so that it doesn't show nothing' but i'd like to solve it rather than just ignoring it.

I've also read about rebooting and installing GO SMS after taking tne notifications off but it didn't work. I don't wknow what else can I do.

I installed Handcent for a while (so i had the three apps at the same, GO, Handcent and the stock) and the notification disappeared, i guess i could just leave it installed and use Go as my default but does that harm the use of battery or somehing??

Thanks for your time! If you need any other info, please tell me. :)

Seems the only easy option is to add a new lock screen, such as widgetlocker.

The problem is that the builtin lockscreen will always show the unread count from the stock messenging app.

Unless you can work out some way to automatically mark them read in the stock app, I don't think there is a way around...hmm...maybe use the stock app for notifications, then use handcent for replying to them? You could maybe have the stock pop up - hit close, then go to the handcent homescreen widget and reply from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones