1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General SMS notifier

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by m0s3s, Oct 8, 2009.

1. m0s3s

m0s3s New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    I downloaded a app called chompsms to replace the default sms program on the Android platform. But every time i receive a txt or something it will go to both. Is there anyway to disable the default one and keep the one I downloaded instead of getting notification in both programs?

Also I know that this is not related in this thread, but when does the g2 come out in the USA. I saw that Wal-Mart (of all places) will have it but says July. Just seeing if there was any information about more specific release dates. And also would it be wise to get a g2 from Europe and flash it with a US carrier?

:D

Advertisement

2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    You have to go into the default app and turn off the notifications.

3. ClassicRed

ClassicRed New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Could you explain how to turn off the notifications? I also just downloaded ChompSMS and really like it but the double notification is annoying meee.

I have gone into my settings and the notification area but I guess Im missing it because the only option I found is to mute everything except alarms and music and I dont wanna do that I actually wanna turn off the G1's built in txt messaging notifications.

Thanks D:!

4. flix

flix New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    if you still need it here it is
    go into the message app (the default one) ...click the menu button, go to settings, then go down to notifications and uncheck it

Tags: