1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SMS Popup, Missed Reminder and Galaxy S

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by GT88, Sep 2, 2010.

1. GT88

GT88 Lurker
    None

Sep 2, 2010
    Hi all,

Ive got a Samsung Galaxy S. I wanted an app which shows an sms as a popup so i downloaded SMS Popup and I have disabled the reminder as I also wanted a reminder for missed calls, so I downloaded Missed Reminder. I have setup reminder for both calls and sms. However I have noticed a few problems. After I receive an SMS if I click 'Close' or 'Reply' in the SMS Popup window, the notification of the sms in the notification bar closes, however I still get reminders from the Missed Reminder. This is also the case with missed calls. If i slide down the notification bar and click 'Clear', I still get reminders (vibration and beep) of the missed call. Does anyone else notice this with this combination of apps? Anyone know how to resolve this? Or this is an alternative app which works and suites my needs?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Yagz

Yagz Newbie
    None

Aug 31, 2010
    I suggest downloading an app called ChompSMS, I've been using it since I got my Desire a few months ago and I never looked back.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    As for SMS Pop Up is there no option to tick to mark SMS read after clicking close? That should do it.

As for the other app and missed calls, I think it is the app's fault only with both SMSes and calls as it does not register the events as cleared.