1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

sms problem

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ronassar, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ronassar

ronassar Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Hello,
    My device HTC desire Z doesnt show SMS sender name upon recieving sms(local sms, ), instead showing the sender number (like: 03664775. 8 dig numbers beggining by 03) .I am having the sender in my contact list. There is no issues while recieving international SMS, only having problem with local sms. But when the same person calls me, its displaying the caller name correctly. What would ...be the reason? I am in Lebanon where country code is +961. I tried the following.Contacts saved with the country code(+961) - then its showing the name when sms is recieved, but call recieving stopped showing caller name - only number is shown. Is there any android app to fix this problem?? thx
    --

Advertisement

2. powell

powell Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 14, 2009
    Programmer
    PL
    On my HTC Magic and Desire I had a similar issue with the so called carrier SMS (special SMS that is sent by a carrier or by third party like banks, lottery organizer etc). I discussed the problem with the Handcent SMS developer and he told me, that it is a known bug in the Android version 2.1.
    Most likely you have at least Froyo version on your Desire Z, but maybe the source of the problem is still there?
    I would recommend to try Handcent SMS, and if the issue is there contact the developer of H. He is very helpful.

ronassar likes this.