1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General SMS Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by little m, Sep 14, 2011.

1. little m

little m Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Hi i'm new to the forum and having problems with my HTC Desire S i have had it for 5 days and seriously thinking about sending it back. My messages are sent with no problems at all but recieving can take up to an hour at a time, the longest being 6 hours its all of my contacts not just a few, but if i reply in the mean time i then recieve the back log of messages with the time the other people had actually sent them ( which are all in order in the threaded list) Has anyone else had the same problem or know how to solve it. I've turned all delivery reports off, email off, to try to rectify this even swapping my sim card to another phone to prove its not the nework texting is not a problem on the other phone. Any ideas would be great

thank you

Advertisement

2. jimeller

jimeller Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 6, 2009
    East Riding
    You can always try a free, alternative SMS app from the market and see if it remains the same.

I reccommend Go SMS, or Handsent. Both excellent and better than the inbuilt SMS app. If you try this, dont forget to disable SMS notifications (in your original SMS app settings) or you'll receive double alerts.

If this still doesn't work for you, contact your network supplier and explain.

little m likes this.
  3. little m

little m Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Hi thanks for the quick reply will try the new sms app dont think its the network though cause if i put the sim into my old phone the messaging is fine

4. HYCAET

HYCAET Guest
    None
    It seems this is a known issue with 2.3.3. From a quick Google it seems common on the incredible s, but also on the desire s.

I've been in touch with t-mobile today and will feed back anything I find out. Hopefully it will be fixed in 2.3.4, but if that's a while off I'll be looking for an alternative handset - I think I have a 14 day period to change my mind.

5. billy06

billy06 Newbie
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    sounds like you are running 1.47 software

6. Frannybobs

Frannybobs Lurker
    None

May 27, 2011
    Does definitely sound like the issue with HTC Software version 1.47 (go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Software Version

This software has caused issues with delayed SMS messages coming through and dropped signals causing missed calls. There is currently no official fix, but if you read the following thread there are a few options. In the short term, you can change your signal to GSM only - but it does mean you will only get slow speed mobile internet.

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire-s/396171-signal-drops-completely-htc-desire-s.html

Hope that helps

Tags: