1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SMS Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Strangeways, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Strangeways

Strangeways Lurker

You guys are way over my head! My Galaxy Ace running Android 2.3.6 is my first smart phone. When I receive texts from my daughter her number comes up one digit wrong making it impossible to simply 'reply', or create a proper thread. If I move the SIM to another handset the problem does not follow. I assume that at some point I mis-entered her number in my phone and now find it impossible to get rid of. Incoming speech calls are no problem. I have tried clearing all the cache I could find, deleting her from contacts, removing her from History and deleting all threads carrying her number. I can text her but not in response to anything she sends me. Any ideas? I would really like to avoid wiping the handset. Very many thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. qashqool

qashqool Member

Hi, choose contacts, then press for a few seconds upon her contact, then choose edit and correct the wrong number, or delete the contact.
    Note that if the contact is linked to an account (like google) you need to delete it on that account or it will be synchronized again to your phone.
    Hope I helped

3. Strangeways

Strangeways Lurker

Hi quashqool - thank you for your time. I'll test your fix as soon as she gets home! Thanks again.

4. qashqool

qashqool Member

You're welcome. Best way to thanks is come here after you solve the problem and tell us how you did it. Maybe someone will need that help.

Sent from my GT-S5830

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews