1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SMS problems? I think

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bugger, Jul 20, 2011.

1. bugger

bugger Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    Florida
    I noticed tonight after my software update and a phone reset that when I start a sms message, and start having a conversation with someone, when I hit the reply box to type my message, I can't see and previous messages in the conversation until there is at least 5 to 7 messages exchanged. Its all most like the conversation thread has gotten down that far on the page to be seen while replying.

Is that how it normally works? I dont know if ever paid attention but I know when I realized it this time, it caught my attention. i figured I would have see it before now.

can someone check it out on theirs and let me know.

Advertisement

2. stinkyjak

stinkyjak Newbie
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Same problem here. In addition my contacts are not linked anymore and conversations do not include picture icon for the contact I am typing with. Only the number, no name or picture.

Are there any work arounds or fixes? Are there any recommended alternative SMS or contact managers?

3. bugger

bugger Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    Florida
    I don't necessarily think it's a problem, I personally think I just think I haven't noticed it before. I checked with my fiance's phone and hers does it too. I figured that when it pulls up the box to type a reponse, it shifts everything up. Once you have had enough interaction with someone, when you respond, you will in fact see your coversation right about the "response" box.
    There are other SMS programs out there. GO Sms, Handcent SMS, see what you like.
    As for contacts, I linked mine with all my facebook friends and I haven't had a problem. Good look and post if you find a solution.

4. bugger

bugger Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    Florida
    If one or 2 more people could check this on their phone, I would appreciate it.

5. bugger

bugger Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    Florida
    Any help on this?

6. bugger

bugger Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    Florida
    LOL, can a couple of people try this out for me please? i am curious.

7. stinkyjak

stinkyjak Newbie
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    The sms app sucked ass before the upgrade and now it is worse. Same with the contacts. I have switched to Go sms pro, go contacts and go dialer and I don't think I am going back.