• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS problems? I think

bugger

Jun 19, 2010
Florida
I noticed tonight after my software update and a phone reset that when I start a sms message, and start having a conversation with someone, when I hit the reply box to type my message, I can't see and previous messages in the conversation until there is at least 5 to 7 messages exchanged. Its all most like the conversation thread has gotten down that far on the page to be seen while replying.

Is that how it normally works? I dont know if ever paid attention but I know when I realized it this time, it caught my attention. i figured I would have see it before now.

can someone check it out on theirs and let me know.

I don't necessarily think it's a problem, I personally think I just think I haven't noticed it before. I checked with my fiance's phone and hers does it too. I figured that when it pulls up the box to type a reponse, it shifts everything up. Once you have had enough interaction with someone, when you respond, you will in fact see your coversation right about the "response" box.
There are other SMS programs out there. GO Sms, Handcent SMS, see what you like.
As for contacts, I linked mine with all my facebook friends and I haven't had a problem. Good look and post if you find a solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones