1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sms ring tone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by superoo, Sep 6, 2011.

1. superoo

superoo Lurker

Hi all can someone explain how I can change the ring tone on Incoming sms. thanks John

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Sydney99

Sydney99 Android Expert

messaging>settings (left hand menu button)>select ringtone (bottom of picking list)

if ur not happy with the choice/selection, zedge app has thousands

3. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

u can also add more by creating a folder called 'notifications' on ur sd card, and adding ur custom stuff there, it'll show up in the Sounds list like the default tones

4. AwesomeMcT

AwesomeMcT Newbie

Also check out MP3 ringtone maker, dowload a song and edit it to an appropriate size for a notification, SMS, ringtone, alarm tone.

Also if you want to assign a SMS tone to a particular contact I recommend HANCENT SMS which IMHO is much better than the stock messaging app (loads of customization).

5. Personally I'd go the Notification folder option personally :)

6. Croc19

Croc19 Lurker

Please help a non android savvy person.

Any chance of someone giving a "detailed" lesson on this. I have a 16GB SD card mounted OK, but how do I generate files etc onto it. NAD where is the Notification folder?

I want to use my favourite Homer Simpson "I got mail" for my incoming SMS tone.

Please........

UPDATE: All good. Figured it out.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews