1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SMS Scheduling

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by cmh0114, Mar 11, 2011.

1. cmh0114

cmh0114 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    So I've been working on an app that sends out a message to someone at a user-set time. It's available in the Market for $0.99, but if you don't want to pay that right now, just PM me with your email address and I'll send you the .apk. I just charge for it now because Google won't let you change an app from Free to Paid later.

I'm looking for feedback, suggestions, and the like. I only have a Moto Droid original, so I can't test the layout on other phones. I plan on adding features that allow you to a.) Send multiple text messages, b.) send text messages at set intervals, and c.) pick contacts instead of entering in the phone number, along with any other user suggestions.

Thanks for checking out my app! I hope to hear from you soon! :D

Advertisement

2. uncle_andri

uncle_andri Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    But you can just release some "Lite" or "Trial" version in parallel with your "Paid" app. "Trial" release can be unpublished on anytime when you decide to switch to "Paid-only" version

3. cmh0114

None

Jan 10, 2010
    Right now, I don't think I'm really up for maintaining two versions of the app, but I guess I could try it. I'll upload a lite version over the weekend sometime.

4. keyser5053

keyser5053 Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2011

Heh. I just finished my first app ( Moviedroid (tasteful advertising? :p)), and
    my next project was going to be Exactly That! :)

I'm glad I stumbled upon this page. Now I don't have to feel unoriginal a week from now :)

5. cmh0114

None

Jan 10, 2010
    Ok, republished as free. :)

That's pretty cool - I'll have to check out your app sometime, sounds like something I would use! :p

I've done some things with a few other apps, but even the ones that are published aren't very good, haha.