1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

SMS scrolling snap back?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jordus, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    When I scroll up in an SMS to look at previous messages in the conversation the phone snaps it back to the most recent message. Even if i hold without releasing it still snaps back, wtf?

am i not allowed to read my old messages?

Advertisement

2. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    try restarting the phone. my son's evo kept snapping back to the bottom of a message and was fine after restarting.

3. New Jersey

New Jersey Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    i was just gonna start a thread on this. mad annoying. i got into a text argument with my girl and needed to scroll back up to prove how right i was... turns out i was wrong, so maybe this was a mixed blessing, haha

4. New Jersey

New Jersey Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    so i powered it off and back on and it still does it. it's a little better, but still snaps back.

what gives??

5. tsatrom

tsatrom Active Member

May 17, 2010
    Mine used to snap to the bottom as well. I did a hard reset and haven't seen the issue since. Hope this is an issue that gets fixed though if it becomes more of an issue.

6. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Reboot and mine still does it.

I'm actually starting to get fed up with this phone.

My battery was great, then a couple of days ago it just started draining within a few hours. I removed any new apps I had, constantly watch what is using the battery etc and I cant figure out WTF happened. This scroll snap back is just stupid. The light leak/screen peeling up is becoming more apparent because my botton left corner is starting to clack/creek when i press the home button.

NOT HAPPY

7. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    IT Services
    Los Angeles, CA
    Mine does the snap back thing when I am in my stock HTC Dialer. (the one that shows every sinlge facebook person in your list). If I try to scroll down to find someone it snaps right back up to the top. Everytime. No fail. Very very annoying.

8. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    my dialer isnt snapping, but the 30fps lock does make it look like poop.

This phone is quickly getting on my last nerve.

9. skraemer

skraemer Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Tucson,AZ
    Mine was snapping back. I want to say it was when it was uploading/downloading? I turned off auto update. Im not sure if that fixed it....but some reason I felt like it had to do with when an app was downloading/updating in the background. I could be completely wrong, but try turning off auto update. Its worth a shot.

edit: I thought this because every time it did a snap back I saw the 3g up/down arrow highlight

10. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    auto update on what? There are any number of apps that probably cache at any given point.

11. skraemer

skraemer Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Tucson,AZ
    I turned it off in the 'power control' widget

12. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    I just did a factory reset. Setting everything back up now. If it doesnt start acting right im going to snap.

Tags: