• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS sent name on notification bar

igeldard

Lurker
Sep 5, 2011
When I receive a SMS from one of my contacts it is identified in the notification bar as "xxxxxxxx@textmagic.com" rather than the name of the person as with all my other contact.

I used Textmagic as an email-SMS service some years ago but it is no longer in use. I did have this contact listed in Gmail with this address, but have deleted it from the contacts in my address book.

When I look at the contacts on my Samsung Galaxy S2, the real name of this contact is listed and the correct mobile number.

So why does the SMS still appear to be sent from "xxxxxxxx@textmagic.com"?

Maybe it's because I'm using Android 2.3.3 on the Samsung Galaxy S2, but there is no option in settings for messages.

The person is not listed under 'phone'

[QUOT E=BabyBlues;3169460]Did you try going into settings > messages > clear data

That will sometimes work as a reset for everything. Otherwise check to make sure that the person isn't in your contacts under 'phone'. The google may be correct but if they were in your phone prior to that they may still be listed.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones