1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SMS settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darrenbrown507, Jun 7, 2010.

1. darrenbrown507

None

May 27, 2010
    This may be a simple one to answer, hopefully it is. When I recieve an SMS on my desire I get the notification sound, but I see nothing on the screen until I wake up the screen by pressing the power button. If you do not hear the notification you have to check for messages, I have found sms on the phone that have bewen there for a few hours before i noticed.
    Is there a setting to help with this?

Advertisement

2. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Luton
    If you download other SMS apps like HandCent and ChompSMS you will find there are more options - including options to light up the screen when you have a message.

To my knowledge, there is no option to "wake up" the screen automatically when receiving a text message on the stock app.

3. DesireMe

DesireMe Android Expert
    None

May 20, 2010
    Poker
    Strathaven
    If my phone is not with me for a period of time, i just press the power button when i get back to it to check. :) If you're not able to hear the notification, would you really be able to see it??

4. paulcooper

paulcooper Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    I like the stock app, but i also like handcent.
    Handcent has a popup feature, which is exactly what you require but I really got fed up with it coz if it;s in your pocket and a sms comes it pops up and it can just randomly press buttons and touch keys for as long as the phone is being touched in your pocket whilst walking - drains battery and can send a "sdfkjh asofi hasoif hsof " sms reply

darrenbrown507 likes this.
Tags: