1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Sms sluggish after froyo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rajeevp, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Rajeevp

Rajeevp Member

Aug 5, 2010
    so after i installed froyo ive been experiencing lag when i open my sms. is there any fix for this other than a hard reset. i really dont want to lose all my info and go through the hassle or inputting all my stuff again. will there be a patch available for froyo maybe?

Advertisement

2. link00seven

link00seven Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    I am having this problem as well - and I did do a hard reset after updating to Froyo (just because I kind of wanted to...I like starting from a clean slate every once in awhile). I thought it was just a bug with Handcent SMS - are you using stock and having the same problem?

3. Rajeevp

Rajeevp Member

Aug 5, 2010
    im using the stock..would it be better to switch to a different sms client? with the hard reset what all will i have to reinstall?

4. link00seven

Jul 8, 2010
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    Hmm, you could try a hard reset, but I can't guarentee that it will fix the problem as I am having it too and I did a hard reset right after the Froyo update. If you do try a hard reset, you will lose all your data, have to reinstall all of your apps and setup all your settings again. You can get a backup utility to save the important stuff (MyBackupPro works great, and works on non-rooted phones).

5. Rajeevp

Rajeevp Member

Aug 5, 2010
    ok i might go ahead and try that. thanks

6. link00seven

Jul 8, 2010
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    No problem. Post back with your results and let us know if it worked or not.

7. UrbanGeek313

UrbanGeek313 New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I'm going thru the same problem, but I don't want to hard reset...

8. lawlswhat

lawlswhat New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    it could be the fact that you have a lot of SMS stored. my gf had 2600 text conversation between her and i, it lagged like 3-5 seconds to send, the only way is to delete the sms texts and you'll notice a snappier difference. if you want make sure you download smsbackup where you can export into xml format for safekeeping.

9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
  10. aeiou

aeiou Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Wow. I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me. I deleted a lot of text and it got better but it still has a slight lag that wasn't there before.

11. skipbrown

skipbrown Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010

Ditto.... and the lag has become really annoying!!

Tags: