• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sms sluggish after froyo

Rajeevp

Lurker
Aug 5, 2010
so after i installed froyo ive been experiencing lag when i open my sms. is there any fix for this other than a hard reset. i really dont want to lose all my info and go through the hassle or inputting all my stuff again. will there be a patch available for froyo maybe?

Hmm, you could try a hard reset, but I can't guarentee that it will fix the problem as I am having it too and I did a hard reset right after the Froyo update. If you do try a hard reset, you will lose all your data, have to reinstall all of your apps and setup all your settings again. You can get a backup utility to save the important stuff (MyBackupPro works great, and works on non-rooted phones).

Upvote 0
it could be the fact that you have a lot of SMS stored. my gf had 2600 text conversation between her and i, it lagged like 3-5 seconds to send, the only way is to delete the sms texts and you'll notice a snappier difference. if you want make sure you download smsbackup where you can export into xml format for safekeeping.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones