• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS suddenly cannot send

Chingling

Android Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
Antarctica
So I was on CM7 Reloaded, the newest one, and today all of a sudden, I cannot receive or send text messages. So first I wiped both caches and reflashed, but it didn't work. Next I reverted to an earlier Nandroid backup I had of CM7 Reloaded that never had problems sending messages, and even that one cannot send. So I have no idea what to do, I am stuck with using Voice at the moment, but I would like my SMS back! Any ideas?

all day today i haven't been receiving any sms messages at all from the people I've been sending them too, i was just thinking nobody had replied yet, but now its been a lot of hours going by and still nothing, i just flashed the cm7 reloaded rom about 3 days ago and everything was working until today. does yours say anything like failed to send or something like that? mine doesn't have any error messages coming out or anything, it just looks like they have been sent but i never get a reply

Upvote 0
Yeah there are no error messages at all! It looks like it sent fine, but no one I sent it to even got the message at all. Whyzor said its possible there's an outage in my area, but I can call and receive calls fine. He said to try a fresh install, I'm gonna see if that works, if not then there might be an outage. I'm in Missouri, maybe there's a problem here with SMS or something.

Upvote 0
Im wondering if it really is an outage, i can call fine too. Im in California and right now im at school but i only have one bar here, when i was on my way here i had full bars and i still wasn't getting any replies. sucks i don't know anyone else around here who has virgin mobile right now to see if theirs works.

Upvote 0
I'm in northwest Pennsylvania and I have the same problem. I thought I had run into a problem with CM9. I can stil call, but I can't receive sms, and they say they send, but I've tested and no one is actually receiving.

EDIT: Just checked and it's not just rooted users. If you go to the VM USA page on facebook they're getting blown up with angry customers. They better get this fixed soon... but thank goodness I have google voice:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones