1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SMS text automatically adds a contact to it

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    Every time I send a picture message it adds one of my contacts to it. How can I stop this from happening?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    A particular contact, or a different one each time? What app are you using? What procedure are you using to send MMS (starting from the Gallery app, the camera app, creating a new message and then adding senders and then photos, or replying to an existing thread and then adding a photo)? Does it behave differently if you use a different procedure (e.g. reply to a thread rather than compose then add recipients)?

Basically I've never heard of this before, so since it's a rare problem we'll need as much information as you can provide to work it out.

3. Juan Mercado

Juan Mercado Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2016
    Male
    I replied to an existing group text, added reply as another contact (my nephew) but I typed the message and added them to the group text. Another time, one contact sent me a photo, the text between me and her became group text with my name added, as if it were a group text. My nephew (who is being randomly added) received it too. This time his name didn't appear in the group text, but it showed as group between me and one other contact (these usually just show other person's name, not mine too.

Another scenario I sent a picture from my gallery to one contact and it became a group text showing my contact info and the contact I sent to. Although same scenario my nephew received the photo as well.

Same contact is being added (my nephew), sometimes I see his name added and sometimes it shows as me.

Video message sent to me from existing contact, showed as group text between me and sender. But the same contact, my nephew received the video.

Make sense?

4. Juan Mercado

Juan Mercado Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2016
    Male
    Deleted all group texts for this group, sent text to 2 contacts. Message received fine. But when I sent a picture to the same 2 contacts, they see my nephew added to the contact list.