1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SMS texts no longer synching/saving to my Gmail account

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lord Vader, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Android Enthusiast

Ever since I flashed Synergy ROM, I noticed one odd thing--all my SMS messages that normally get auto-saved through my synched Gmail account have not, in fact, been saved there. The last texts to be auto-saved/synched to my Gmail account were right before I installed Synergy.

Is there a setting or something I forgot to do when I flashed this ROM, a setting that would ensure my SMS texts are being saved/synched to my Gmail account? This never happened when I had used Myn's WarmTwoPointTwo as a ROM.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lord Vader

Hmmm...could this be the problem--in scrolling through some of her contacts, she has them listed as "phone" and not "Google." If this is the issue, is there a way to change en masse all the contact settings from "phone" to "Google"?

3. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

more than likely that is the issue. not sure about changing them all at once.

4. Lord Vader

I think this thread got merged, because the issue at hand is my sister's EVO not synching her contacts to her gmail account. Regardless, I haven't been able to figure out how to reclassify existing contacts from phone to Google.

5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

I'm not sure about that either. hmmm Maybe you could import it over to google. Should be able to go into contacts tap menu button select import export Export to SD Card and then go to google on the computer (its easiest) go into her account and select import and upload the file you just exported.

Not sure if that will do the trick but technically it should work.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews