• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sms to email using data

thedamon

Mar 6, 2011
I have a limited data plan. When I send a text message to an email address, it sends as mms.

My droidX can send texts to email without data (or even wifi) as a text message.

Why is my Ally trying to use data, and is their any way to send texts to email without using data.

Sent from droidX using Phanapp.

I'm having a similar issue. I don't have a data plan at all. I use wifi and SMS for everything. I can't send text messages to an email address. It always converts it to an MMS message, which then won't send.

So, to clarify: Did you have to do anything special to get Handcent to work? I've tried with both the stock Messaging app and with Handcent. I get the same results with both.

(I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Ace, rather than an LG Ally, but this is the closest thread I've seen to my problem.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones