• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sms vibrate and power off

seankaiser11

Jun 11, 2010
hi all!

not sure if you have discussed this b4.

i have the desire for about 3 months now and i m loving it. however, what irritates me is that every time when a sms is received, the phone only vibrates once, while the ring tone still goes on.

i have tried the smart vibrate app. although it can set the length of the vibrate but it will still vibrate even if i have read the sms. any one can recommend any better apps?

also it seems to take a long time to power off my phone. is it due to running apps? but i have killed the apps b4 i shut down....

hi all!

not sure if you have discussed this b4.

i have the desire for about 3 months now and i m loving it. however, what irritates me is that every time when a sms is received, the phone only vibrates once, while the ring tone still goes on.

i have tried the smart vibrate app. although it can set the length of the vibrate but it will still vibrate even if i have read the sms. any one can recommend any better apps?

also it seems to take a long time to power off my phone. is it due to running apps? but i have killed the apps b4 i shut down....

I can't comment too much about the vibrating apps as I haven't downloaded any of that nature.

With regards to how long it takes the phone to shut down, there are a few threads on the subject in this forum you could check out. My phone has never taken any longer than a minute or so to power down - I think it all depends on the amount of apps which were active at the point of shutting the phone down. For the record, I don't use any kind of task or app killer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones