1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SMS Volume Auto Adjust [APP]

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by androidstickers.net, May 5, 2011.

1. androidstickers.net

None

Nov 17, 2010
    Systems administrator
    Missouri
    Hi, i'd like to share a new app I just published. This app monitors the occurrence of incoming text messages. You can set the thresholds to any thing you desire. If you receive two text within your minimum threshold the second(and text thereafter), will do a silent/vibrate notification. After the allotted time has passed on your maximum threshold your phone returns to it's previous volume settings. You can also disable/enable the application.

Just went live last night and already have a few positive reviews. Would love feedback!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jmorgan6.autoadjust&feature=search_result

Future additons planned are(hopefully over the next week):
    Ability to set particular contacts to always ring loud, or always soft.
    Ability to choose whether only the same person texting you goes silent while new messages from different people use your previous ringer setting.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. androidstickers.net

None

Nov 17, 2010
    Systems administrator
    Missouri
    Hi, released an update this morning with some new features.

You can now choose whether to treat each different sender of text message uniquely. Example:
    Person A text you twice within the threshold, their text go silent/vibrate. Person B text you in the midst of this, their text does the previous/loud alert. If person B goes under the threshold while texting them, they also go silent and so on.
    If you disable this, then if person A once followed by a text from Person B shortly after, their text will be silent and all future text will be silent while within the threshold.. You can pick either style.

Option for a small 'toast' message to display whenever the app changes your ringer.

I've had positive responses from the downloaders so far. It's a fairly simple concept, but very useful! I've used it since the first beta stages in development without issue.

It's not a service, so no additional battery drain. It runs only when you receive a text.