1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SMS - Weird SMS problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by caracortada_uk, Sep 21, 2011.

1. caracortada_uk

None

Jun 8, 2010
    Android Version: 2.2
    Network: Orange UK
    Taskiller Used?: No
    [Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: No

Issue:
    There are multiple issues here but i believe they are all linked.

1) When i open my messages and tap somebody to send a text to, very often it opens someody else. This has also occasionally happened when phoning somebody. At first i thought this was a case of fat thumbs, but then noticed its opening somebody further down the list, not next to the person i wanted.

2)Pretty much all the time when sending a long SMS the backspace will stop working. The only way to fix this is to go back to the main thread for that person then back into typing the message.

3)One that has only happened a couple of times is i will open a conversation thread, type a message and tap send. But the message appears in somebody elses conversation thread. From what i can gather the SMS is not sent to the wrong person, but still appears in their thread.

4)Again this has only happened a couple of times. But i have noticed when sending an SMS it some how gets merged with text from ANOTHER message. For example i sent an SMS to my best friend only for the last 2 lines to completely change when she received it. My message is as i typed it on my phone, but the one she received is completely wrong for the last part. It is not code, the best i can figure out is the last few lines were taken from an SMS i sent to somebody else weeks before!

These problems have been happening since before 2.2 and only now really bugging me as to what is wrong. Mainly due to a few recently sent SMS to wrong people!

I am thinking of unlocking the phone to allow a re-install of android to the phone (and to get rid of the horrible Orange software). Has anybody used any eBay unlockers with success? Im wary of them especially with some charging very different amounts.

Advertisement

Tags: