1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Snapchat RAM issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zeroastros, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Zeroastros

Zeroastros Well-Known Member

Anyone here who uses snapchat notice how much ram it uses? Mine used to be @60-180mbs but now it's gone out of control and uses 300-800mbs rendering my phone useless (Process' stop and apps have to reload) Even if I don't open snapchat(I hibernate it with Greenify) and I get a notification it will use the 300-800mbs. I usually have 1.2gbs free but now with snapchat's new problem for me I get about 200-400mbs free and constant lag. Can anyone help me troubleshoot my problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Nickforever216

Nickforever216 Well-Known Member

I am having same problem. And this is on stock and Katana Rom. Since latest update of snapchat it has been doing this to me. I tried uninstall, clear cache, etc. And nothing worked. So it must be something to due with app. Try emailing app developer. I did and waiting for response.

#2 Nickforever216, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  3. Zeroastros

Zeroastros Well-Known Member

I'm on the same boat. Well meaning I have the same ROM but thanks for your input because I use Xposed to use Snapprefs and uninstalling would be a hassle. Since uninstalling, clearing cache didn't work I might just have to wait it out though have you tried wiping dalvik cache on recovery?

4. Nickforever216

Nickforever216 Well-Known Member

Yeah I had TWRP backups, so wasn't no big deal to flash Roms. Delvik catch wipe didn't help either.

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews