1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Snappy VNC or RDP at Droid's full* res?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrDetermination, Nov 9, 2009.

1. MrDetermination

None

Nov 6, 2009
    Hi,

I'm a droid nub but I know my network stuff. pfSense, SSH, VPN, yada yada.

I see a few (mostly pay) RDP/VNC apps on the Market. In my experience RDP has always been much snappier to a Windows box than VNC to a *nix machine.

Color depth of 15-bit or higher is fine for my needs here. The
    "*" in the thread title refers to the resolution. I'm probably okay without scaling if I can go 800x600 and scroll up/down. Of course that isn't quite "full" on the width... thus the "*". Mostly I'm concerned with responsiveness. And all I need is for touch to = click.

If VNC is easier on the client side (better remote experience from the droid) I can easily do everything I want on a *nix box.

Advertisement

2. Jtwo

Jtwo Lurker
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    California
    Uh, since you know your network stuff do you think you could give me a hand getting VNC connected to my mac?

It was working fine from my iPhone and I've copied the same settings over to the Droid.

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    I just tried Remoid - was working fine until I pulled the KB out - then it FC'd - I reconnected and started typing and it FC'd again.

Doubt I am going to pay for an RDC right now - but since I am on Windows 7, and my laptop is also, and it has the clients built in, perhaps I'll just fire up the lappy when I need access....