1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Sneak peek from Casio?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mRahmani, May 22, 2012.

1. mRahmani

mRahmani Member

Jan 29, 2012
    So I was poking around for some news - any news - on a successor to the Commando, and I came across the G'Zone Facebook fan page:

https://www.facebook.com/GzOneFan

What's that red phone they have in the banner? Some international variant... or something new?

Advertisement

2. tsp_2177

tsp_2177 Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Looks like an international variant to me. I like my matte black finish better anyway :)

3. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    militar
    El Paso
    japan's version. 8 MP camera. unrootable I believe.

john58ford likes this.
  4. john58ford

john58ford Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Electronics Technician/USCG
    Michigan
    True info from jova, thats actualy been out for nearly 6 months over there in Japanland, definately not a sneak peak of the future. If your wondering about a Gen 2 commando we already have a post open for that, showing pictures of a watch styled monster that I won't be picking up if released as shown. Try the search function, or browse a couple pages deep.

5. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    militar
    El Paso
    The other thing is a G-SHOCK phone though, not a G'zOne. So it can't really be called Commando's successor. More like its brother from another mother.

6. tsp_2177

tsp_2177 Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    I didn't like the looks of it either. I couldn't stand having all the touch buttons on the side of the phone thats why I went ahead and got the commando a little over a month ago. I know it was an older phone but I'd rather have tough than latest and greatest. And I can strap some floats to it while we are out on the boat. Also when I got my phone there were to many unknowns on the g shock phone. I mean I has sim on one corner and that could either mean 4g for Verizon or GSM so I didn't want to risk it. And even if it was faster I wouldn't care cause its hideous.

7. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    militar
    El Paso
    if i weren't physically broken, and were still doing tough guy stuff like crossing mountains for no reason, the G-SHOCK would suit me.

but i've got college and the mundane lined up for me.