• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SNESoid Black Bar

ybnrml86

Lurker
Oct 21, 2009
Has anyone else noticed a black bar running across the bottom of the screen when it is supposed to be in full screen stretch mode? Is there anyway are to get rid of this bar so that it will fill the entire screen? Its a great app but why not utilize all 3.7 inches of the Droid screen?

I have a feeling this will be fixed in a later version. There are three options for viewing the games in NESoid and SNESoid etc.

-Original size (this would be the original pixel for pixel size as it was on the actual console)

-Scale (keep aspect ratio) (this option should scale the image to fit the screen as much as it can without stretching the image)

-Stretch (this option would stretch the image to fill up the whole screen - no black bars on any side)

BUT... keep in mind these emulators were designed originally to work on the G1 which has a lower screen resolution. On my G1 I used SNESoid and chose the "scale" option. So the screen was filled top to bottom with no spaces. There were black bars on the left and right... but I was fine with that because I don't want to see the image streched (that bothers me). I don't know for sure.. but I think these applications need to be fixed a bit to scale the image to the higher resolution of the Droid. Once that is fixed there should be no bars above or below the game screen in "scale" mode... only on the left and right.

I'd give the developer a couple days or weeks to get this fixed. He's really good and updates a lot. He will probably get it to fit correctly soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones