1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SNESOID question

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by HJAcevedo, Mar 27, 2011.

1. HJAcevedo

HJAcevedo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    College Student
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hey guys,

I've recently downloaded three emulators for my mytouch4g and have been enjoying myself. They're all the lite version, which as most of you may know, doesn't allow you to load a state. My question is this: how do I go about upgrading to the paid version and will I be able to load my saved states from the lite version as well as continue my in game saved game of Final Fantasy 6/3.

It would come in handy for those train rides where I lose track of time and suddenly I have to get off and must cut short my playing and lose some date :) definitely would come in handy once I start playing Chrono Trigger as well.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. No_u

No_u Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 4, 2010
  3. HJAcevedo

HJAcevedo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    College Student
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yeah, I figured as much. But I wasn't sure if there's a certain method within the lite version I had to do to upgrade and keep my saved states and my in-game saved games.

I guess I should have made that clearer, but I can't seem to put it into words.

From my understanding of emulators (which admittedly isn't very extensive) it doesn't matter what emulator I load my rom from since it's the rom file that has my saved games, not the emulator itself. Of course, only an SNES emulator can load SNES roms and Genesis can only load Genesis roms, that much is obvious.

Is this correct?

4. No_u

No_u Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    I get ".sav" files. My guess is that those are save states, just as I get with FPse. Apart from that I just have .smc files, which are the ROM's themselves.

You could look for SNESoid on the Amazon Appstore, perhaps it's there? You can pay with paypal there as far as I know.

5. dh4645

dh4645 Member
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    i have snesoid on my htc aria, but when i click on a rom to play, snesoid loads and i see the controls, but then it just goes back to the folder of roms and my status bar has the icon and says snesoid is running.