• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Snorkeling with the HTC One M8

irishjoeyo

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
So I thought I'd share a photo of what happens to an HTC One M8 after you go snorkeling with it for about an hour in the ocean. Notice the burn marks all over the copper:

15331432399_b1d176a82d_b.jpg

In case you're actually wondering, no, I did not do this deliberately. :p

That's actually beautiful in a Night of the Living Dead Zombie kind of way. How much for the scrap or are you keeping it?

Maybe I should make a large print of it and call it artwork? :)

As for the scrap, I have no idea. I imagine that there might be a way to retrieve the data from the storage, so I don't want to get rid of it without first knowing that my data is secure.

Upvote 0
Maybe I should make a large print of it and call it artwork? :)

As for the scrap, I have no idea. I imagine that there might be a way to retrieve the data from the storage, so I don't want to get rid of it without first knowing that my data is secure.

I know how you can make sure your data is secure...its called a hammer. I doubt that thing is worth anything at all at this point. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones