1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips SNote2 (GT-N7105), help please, which 'AllShare Cast' hub do I get?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by liviococcia, Jan 13, 2013.

1. liviococcia

liviococcia Member
    None

Apr 14, 2012
    UK
    Hello Members, I'd like to get a AllShare Cast hub to connect to a Bush HD TV, I've read various reviews from different websites regarding it's quality, use and how it functions.

Some of these reviews have been positive, while others have been very negative, and I can't understand the reason why, I'm assuming that there might be a difference in the actual product hardware version itself.

If I do buy one, I'd like to get the latest product model version, I have looked at the Samsung UK website but I can't find the AllShare cast hub accessory item at all.

Are there forum members using this item with there SNote2, and are finding they are having no major problems using it, what's the full product model number and do you know, is yours the latest?

My phone is completely Samsung Stock Jellybean 4.1.2 Rom, and isn't rooted, during the November/December period I had updates issued to the phone, these where AllShare Cast software updates.

Help, information and any UK product purchase advice would be very greatful, as I have seen the AllShare Cast hub selling for

Advertisement

2. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    Mad Scientist! MUAHAHAHA!
    Richmond, TX
    Great Question mate, if this will be resolved I might consider buying the AllShare cast hub.

***Subscribing to this thread***

3. liviococcia

liviococcia Member
    None

Apr 14, 2012
    UK
    Hi, I thought I report my 'AllShare Cast Hub' findings after purchasing from 'uk-mobilestore.co.uk', this retailer was great, thanks.

The model I received was a EAD-T10UDEGXEU, it's date of manufacture was 21/08/2012, I'm still unsure whether this is the latest, as on my box it states 'AllShare Galaxy S3 Cast hub' and researching I've seen smaller boxed versions without the 'Galaxy S3' stated, I'm not sure if these are direct from Korea/China imports.

Bear in mind my Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7105) is completely stock, and does not have many apps, and all them are from the 'Play' store.

I connected it up to a 26" bush HD TV (not Full HD), first I had to make sure the 'Wireless' was turned on, on the phone regardless whether the Hub was showing a flashing Red, or stable Blue light, it was only once the firmware update had been installed, that to connect to the TV when pressing the 'AllShare' button on the phone, did anything like the phones Wireless module turned on automatically without doing anything else.

It worked quite well, there was a slight lag (minor but acceptable), it was only when I was 'Youtube' streaming a HD Avatar trailer through the mobile Chrome browser, at full screen, did it freeze badly on the TV but not on the phone, I had to disconnect the AllShare, reset, and restart the connection.

It's as if the AllShare needs more internal Ram for it's own use, anyway, hopefully more future firmware updates may iron out these issues, if they issue more that is.

On the whole it was very good, maybe android 4.2 might improve things.

Regards