1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Snowmobile Trail GPS Maps/Apps For Android?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by load97, Feb 10, 2011.

1. load97

load97 Well-Known Member

Looking for one for my HTC Incredible phone to go snowmobiling in northern Minnesota.

TIA!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ibunk254

ibunk254 Lurker

i am also in northern Minnesota and i have found a few: the "My Tracks" app does not show trails but does let you create your route and share it with others. this is cool for people like us who live in the same region and each know somewhere fun to sled and can share with others. Another great one is the "back country navigator" app, it allows you to download a specific area to your sd card so that you can turn off everything but gps to save battery. it also allows for diff maps such as topo (which is what i use). it costs 10$ but is completely worth it i was looking at 2 trail maps that showed a town in 2 diff locations and this app brought us to it perfectly. the my tracks is cool but back country seems to be exactly what your looking for!

hope this helps you

-jd

3. load97

load97 Well-Known Member

I use my tracks for hunting up by Bena, but this trip is from Little Falls area all the way up to Two Harbors/Grand Rapids area and back and I want actual trails on the GPS.

4. load97

load97 Well-Known Member

I'll check out the Back Country app as well, thanks.

5. load97

load97 Well-Known Member

Doesn't appear Back Country can load trail maps.

6. ibunk254

ibunk254 Lurker

hmmm i dont know what to tell you then besides buy a trail map and put preferred trail into an app. back country works awesome for me. did you try the free trial?

7. load97

load97 Well-Known Member

Yep, I tried the free trial. I couldn't figure where to find snowmobile trail maps, or even how to load them. Went to the Dev's site and looked around even. How are you getting the snowmobile trail maps to display, and from where?