1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General So......2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skunkonkrunk, Aug 22, 2010.

1. skunkonkrunk

skunkonkrunk Member
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Musician / Mobile retail
    England
    How is everyones general reaction towards it so far?

I'm loving the extra speed boost and revamped ui. This new keyboard is a dream to type on, live wallpapers on the screen look awesome too.

Also, is it me or has the 65k colour limitation of 1.6 gone? Everything looks much better on the screen now.

Advertisement

2. Destroyed

Destroyed Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    Barman
    Dorset, England
    Where have you got 2.1 from, i had heard that the Streak was going to get an update to 2.1 so i've been checking the update screen often, but it keeps saying im up to date on 1.6 still =/

3. martinio1

martinio1 Member
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    2.1 was leaked (As in released unofficially by a 3rd party) and (Correct me if I'm wrong) you will void your warranty if you install the unofficial release, but if you don't care about that then fair enough I guess. The 2.1 official release is suppose to come sometime in September from what I have been hearing.

4. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Upstate NY
    That's not entirely true. The leaked 2.1 update is the official update from Dell for the O2 released Streaks. Here the in the States we've been using this ROM to update to 2.1 by flashing with the O2 recovery ROM. So the 2.1 ROM that is floating around is official and shouldn't void any warranties by updating to it.

5. rnj79

rnj79 Member
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    Domestic Engineer to 2 kids and a hubby
    TX, USA
    I finally got 2.1 on mine and LOVE it!! The keyboard is the best thing about it. The only problems I am having is my device not going to sleep all the way and getting the US Market back without using Market Access.

Tags: