• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So a Note 7 caused a man's house to burn down?!!

I agree! THIS story is not good at all. If you have an original fire-starter, you should take this seriously. Always place it on something that's non-combustible, nor next to anything that is, while sleeping. Hopefully, the replacements will get to everyone soon.

I have it next to a bunch of essential oils that are standing on top of a cabinet that I use to store propane tanks, no good?

Also, if the Note 7 is water proof, does that mean that you can't spray water on it to put out the fire? I'm so confused, I think I'm just going to get me a flip phone.....

Reactions: johnpjackson
Upvote 0
How about two Note 7's gutted of their batteries, connected by a short string for all local calls and a very long string when calling long distance!

Like this?

Dynamite.jpg

Reactions: johnpjackson
Upvote 0
Reactions: toptobottom
Upvote 0
^^ I guess that'll work. But if you hold that to your ear, you are likely to experience difficulty hearing the person on the other end when you connect.
It's likely he knew nothing of the recall before the fire. Recalls can very well fly under the radar to people not actively looking for them.

And leaving the phone at home to run down the street isn't all that questionable. If he were leaving for a day trip tho, maybe.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
It's likely he knew nothing of the recall before the fire. Recalls can very well fly under the radar to people not actively looking for them.

And leaving the phone at home to run down the street isn't all that questionable. If he were leaving for a day trip tho, maybe.
I often leave my phone at home, for mornings or afternoons. Don't actually need it at work, where it has to be silent or airplane mode anyway, and commute is only a short distance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones