• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So after all this time...

nateap87

Android Enthusiast
Mar 21, 2011
California
I've had the tbolt since release. For a while I carried an extra battery because I refused to put that massive extended battery on. Finally I decided that enough was enough and got the OEM extended battery for 20 and the size is definitely not as bad as I figured. Definitely worth it and after having the phone for a year now, I'm over the aesthetics enough to throw this tumor on.

I've had the tbolt since release. For a while I carried an extra battery because I refused to put that massive extended battery on. Finally I decided that enough was enough and got the OEM extended battery for 20 and the size is definitely not as bad as I figured. Definitely worth it and after having the phone for a year now, I'm over the aesthetics enough to throw this tumor on.

I like it better actually. Feels good in the hand. And, if I ever feel threatened, it can be used as a weapon.

Upvote 0
I have the extended battery, no more dead battery at half day. I put up with the bulky outline, I don't prefer it. I would rather have the Moto Razr Maxx, maybe when I can get one when I'm eligible for upgrade. Battery capacity will be a big part of my next phone selection.

Agree that battery life is a big deciding factor but the lack of an unlocked bootloader is enough to steer me away from Motorola devices. The gnex would be perfect if the battery and reception were fixed

Upvote 0
I just have a couple of back-up batteries with me and swap them out if needed. Not a big deal if you have removable batteries.

I'd love to upgrade to one of the HTC One line phones, the One X looks like a beast! However, if they make an LTE version they really need to think about a removable battery compartment. Otherwise I just can't go that route. I depend on back-ups too much, esp. while traveling.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones