• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Last night while laying in bed, I made the decision to switch from my Eris to an Incredible. I've been having so many stupid little annoying problems with the Eris that I'll bite the bullet and get a 3rd phone line, switch phones around to get it to my number, etc. But here's why I'm aggravated...

I went to 3 different Verizon stores today and called 4 or 5 other retailers in the area, and NOBODY HAS THEM IN STOCK! They kept saying something about the parts not being right, or something. I understand they're in high demand and are probably on backorder, but how is it something like the over-anticipated iPad able to stay in stock in even the busiest stores, but a store like a mall kiosk, or a hole in the wall authorized retailer doesn't have a single phone in stock? Is everyone as insane as me calling every retailer and going on a treasure hunt so to speak for this phone? Is it really worth it? Regardless, good or bad, I'm done with my Eris. I loved it while I had it, but the Incredible is just that... incredible. Blows my Eris out of the water and then some.

Is anyone else having as hard of a time finding a phone as I am, and is it really worth hunting down so diligently? I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks.

Thanks in advance!

Last night while laying in bed, I made the decision to switch from my Eris to an Incredible. I've been having so many stupid little annoying problems with the Eris that I'll bite the bullet and get a 3rd phone line, switch phones around to get it to my number, etc. But here's why I'm aggravated...

I went to 3 different Verizon stores today and called 4 or 5 other retailers in the area, and NOBODY HAS THEM IN STOCK! They kept saying something about the parts not being right, or something. I understand they're in high demand and are probably on backorder, but how is it something like the over-anticipated iPad able to stay in stock in even the busiest stores, but a store like a mall kiosk, or a hole in the wall authorized retailer doesn't have a single phone in stock? Is everyone as insane as me calling every retailer and going on a treasure hunt so to speak for this phone? Is it really worth it? Regardless, good or bad, I'm done with my Eris. I loved it while I had it, but the Incredible is just that... incredible. Blows my Eris out of the water and then some.

Is anyone else having as hard of a time finding a phone as I am, and is it really worth hunting down so diligently? I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks.

Thanks in advance!

I actually think this is a really common issue right now. I read somewhere (sorry I can't remember where) that there is a shortage on one of the components which is causing the whole delay. I would say just keep trying to call around and hopefully they'll get some in stock soon. I know a friend of mine was able to put his name on a waiting list at a VZW store so they would hold one for him when they got them in stock.

Hope you get it soon and that you love it!

Upvote 0
Hi, you must be new to the Incredible forums.

A shortage in displays from Samsung and a very very poor demand-expectation from Verizon have led to the current situation.

If you are up for waiting till about June 14th then go ahead and get the Incredible. If you can't wait - get something else. Seriously, I'm not trying to rude or anything but one of the largest threads in this forum is about shipping dates for back-ordered Incredibles. Pretty telling.

Reactions: thirtyfour41
Upvote 0
The problem is Samsung makes the AOMLED screens, so thats why they are backed up, The Inc is the best smartphone on the market so yes i suggest you buy it, But you might have to wait awhile, I still don't have mine and I ordered it online on 5/14, should be here for around 6/4... Its defo worth the wait tho, Stores and online are pretty much sold out/backed up for about 2 weeks atm I think you will find.

Good luck on your hunt tho :) let us know how you do...

Reactions: thirtyfour41
Upvote 0
Hi, you must be new to the Incredible forums.

A shortage in displays from Samsung and a very very poor demand-expectation from Verizon have led to the current situation.

If you are up for waiting till about June 14th then go ahead and get the Incredible. If you can't wait - get something else. Seriously, I'm not trying to rude or anything but one of the largest threads in this forum is about shipping dates for back-ordered Incredibles. Pretty telling.

New? How could ya tell? Haha. Like I said, I just made the decision last night, so this is the first time I've hit up this part of the forum. Like I said, I understand the back order thing, I get it. They're in high demand and all. I guess I'm just kinda bummed. I did put my name on 2 waiting lists, luckily one of them only had like 4 people ahead of me, so maybe if they get a small shipment of 6 or something I can get my hands on one. I spent half an hour talking to each of the guys at each store about the problems with my phone. Ironically enough they both had Eris' too and had issues ever since the OTA update. Although I didn't mention I leaked my phone, the issues we were having were pretty much identical.

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes peeled on the boards and wait to hear from one of the stores. If it comes down to it, I might head into Jersey and see what the situation at those stores are like.

Thanks for not flaming me for asking repetitive questions :)

Upvote 0
New? How could ya tell? Haha. Like I said, I just made the decision last night, so this is the first time I've hit up this part of the forum. Like I said, I understand the back order thing, I get it. They're in high demand and all. I guess I'm just kinda bummed. I did put my name on 2 waiting lists, luckily one of them only had like 4 people ahead of me, so maybe if they get a small shipment of 6 or something I can get my hands on one. I spent half an hour talking to each of the guys at each store about the problems with my phone. Ironically enough they both had Eris' too and had issues ever since the OTA update. Although I didn't mention I leaked my phone, the issues we were having were pretty much identical.

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes peeled on the boards and wait to hear from one of the stores. If it comes down to it, I might head into Jersey and see what the situation at those stores are like.

Thanks for not flaming me for asking repetitive questions :)

Haha no worries man. One of my friends has an Eris and he's pretty fed up with it too. I'm currently in the waiting period too - I ordered on 5/17 so I won't get mine till next week probably. Very bummed about that - a lot of people on these forums are bummed it looks like :p

Good luck with it though - maybe you'll have some more luck than some of us!

Upvote 0
Honestly online is probably the quickest way at this point. If you put your name in at an Agent store then don't hold your breath. I'm an Agent store owner and we've not been able to order any Incredibles at all EVER... ZERO. It's not even listed on our ordering site anymore and hasn't been since a day or two after the phone launched. We won't be getting them until the current backorders are all fulfilled and stock is readily available.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the party!
Ya mind telling us what u were wearing in bed? (assuming ur female)

yeah well firstly, why would you assume i'm a female? because i'm sure my wife isn't thinking about cell phones in bed. and to be honest, i shouldn't really be either... but it was 3:30am and she had been asleep for a while :)

and if you really wanna know, some champion knit boxers and a nautica v-neck undershirt... sicko

:D

EDIT: and why if i was a chick would i have britney spears half naked as my avatar? yes, we could get technical, but let's not :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones