1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

So, are we getting prices & dates today?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steel36, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Georgia
    I know that there was talk of hearing the price of the phone and plan plus the actual release date on April 16th. Is that still the current expectation?

Advertisement

2. SprintFun

SprintFun Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think anything has ever been confirmed to happen on April 16th...people took that date from a facebook page and ran with it. I doubt anything significant happens.

3. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Georgia
    Well that sucks. I was hoping Verizon's HTC Incredible announcement would force Sprint's hand, since they don't want people signing new contracts with vzw before the EVO is even on the market.

4. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Video Producer
    Baltimore, MD
    I doubt it. I think at one point there was supposed to be some kind of announcement today but I can't imagine there will be much. I don't see ads starting until early May if the early June release date is to be believed. Showing ads on TV too far in advance will just get people excited and then impatient the way we are on this forum. I don't expect to see TV ads until May 7th or 14th to be honest, although there are ads popping up online now that focus on 4G service.

5. lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    I understand on the tv/print ad, and they shouldn't start to the May cycle. But I still think a 2 year price and a release date would go along way knowing that people can start pre-ordering the Incredible Monday.

Steel36 likes this.
  6. neodorian

Jan 5, 2010
    Video Producer
    Baltimore, MD

$199-249 for new contract/Premier upgrade.
    June 6th at Best Buy.
    June 13th at Sprint stores.

7. lembowski

Jan 8, 2010
    Did this get confirmed, or is this just the speculation that has been discussed for some time? Sorry if I missed it. :eek:

8. neodorian

Jan 5, 2010
    Video Producer
    Baltimore, MD
    A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B :D

Insiders have been putting this between June 6th and 13th for some time now. Prices are based on similar hardware and carrier tendencies. I wouldn't go all in on this bet but I would definitely put money on it ;)

9. lembowski

Jan 8, 2010
    Thats what I thought :D

I think its realistic, but they need to let the public know so they can plan on a date and start saving lol

Tags: