• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So are you keeping your N7?

You got that right. As I said elsewhere here, no QHD screen, no change to ppi, no quick charge, no wireless charge, no expandable storage, no sPen, no Always On Display, no headphone jack... no thank you.
Yeah and it's not even banned from any Airlines - HA!

To think that the idiots at Samsung rushed to get the NOTE 7 out so it could take the wind out of iPhone 7's sail. Now, wasn't that worth doing?

Upvote 0
I was going to keep my Note 7, but my employer has banned me from turning it on or charging it in the airplane. I have an old, OLD Droid that I might activate and return the Note 7, and get one of the new Nexus/Pixel phones coming out early next month.

Yeah and it's not even banned from any Airlines - HA!

The FAA has not banned the Note 7 from aircraft, and I do not know of any US airlines that have strictly prohibited the phone.

Upvote 0
I was going to keep my Note 7, but my employer has banned me from turning it on or charging it in the airplane. I have an old, OLD Droid that I might activate and return the Note 7, and get one of the new Nexus/Pixel phones coming out early next month.

Lucky you're not here then, I can't turn on any phone in a plane. And charging devices from power-banks is prohibited as well now.

Upvote 0
I'm afraid I'm going to have to turn my precious Note 7 in today.

I've had it on the wireless charger all night and it's only at 66% as of 4 AM. It should have been at 100% hours ago... it's never taken this long to charge. So now I have grave reservations about this battery's reliability. I'm going to wake up a bit, back it up to Samsung Cloud and the PC, and take it back. I'm very bummed out.

:(

Upvote 0
I'm afraid I'm going to have to turn my precious Note 7 in today.

I've had it on the wireless charger all night and it's only at 66% as of 4 AM. It should have been at 100% hours ago... it's never taken this long to charge. So now I have grave reservations about this battery's reliability. I'm going to wake up a bit, back it up to Samsung Cloud and the PC, and take it back. I'm very bummed out.

:(
Do you have a Fast Wireless Charger or regular wireless charger? On My fast charger it charges fast like Normal. But on the regular charger it takes a very long time. Not the phone. My daughters S7 does the same thing. Do what makes you comfortable. [emoji106]

Upvote 0
I thought i was exchanging for a good note 7 but after being in the Sprint store for 3 hours yesterday ends up they were just trying to exchange it with another recalled phone. Ive had 2 defective samsung tv's out of the box a few months ago, combine that with the note 7 issue I'm not sure what I want to do. To hell with Sprint and their lack of competency they shared with me yessterday as well.

Upvote 0
Do you have a Fast Wireless Charger or regular wireless charger? On My fast charger it charges fast like Normal. But on the regular charger it takes a very long time. Not the phone. My daughters S7 does the same thing. Do what makes you comfortable. [emoji106]

I have a fast wireless charger by my laptop and a regular wireless charger on my nightstand. I used both of them, with very poor results. Nope, backing up now. It was fun while it lasted.

Reactions: Preach2k
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear of your woes, Chief. You have had charging problems from the start though. Hopefully your next note will be better. Mine charges fast like it is supposed to and seems to shut off the charging when it gets to 100% and stays cool. (I check it a lot!) I will hang onto mine for a bit longer. But if the 30th looms with no replacements in sight I will be returning mine too.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
I have a fast wireless charger by my laptop and a regular wireless charger on my nightstand. I used both of them, with very poor results. Nope, backing up now. It was fun while it lasted.
You should complete your departure from the Note 7 by placing a strikethrough ( Note 7 ) in your signature line since it was a temporary addition to your phone portfolio.

Upvote 0
I asked my carrier when I handed my Note7 in, "Will I just get a refurbished Note7?" They said, "NO! You will get a brand new Note7."
I actually asked twice, just to make sure.
EXACTLY! I called Verizon (on a recorded line...theirs) and was told that I would receive a brand new SGN7 and no others would be sold until those already sold were replaced. I expect that it will be a brand new phone with a checked battery. Crisis averted

P.S. I was also told to expect replacements to start next week (around the 19th). They even called my local store while I was on hold to confirm expected shipment. I know the local Verizon reps and they said that they did get a call about me and that the information is accurate on the replacement start date.

Upvote 0
Fingers crossed nothing happens to change that date! I am holding on to mine to swap phone for phone as my Verizon store refused to offer a temporary solution at all. They insisted on either full refund and simply start at back of queue once phones are available for sale again or trade for a different phone. Didn't matter to them what Samsung website said. Tired of beating my head against that brick wall. I will revert to my Moto X in the interim but after using the Note it will be a sad change.

Upvote 0
EXACTLY! I called Verizon (on a recorded line...theirs) and was told that I would receive a brand new SGN7 and no others would be sold until those already sold were replaced. I expect that it will be a brand new phone with a checked battery. Crisis averted

P.S. I was also told to expect replacements to start next week (around the 19th). They even called my local store while I was on hold to confirm expected shipment. I know the local Verizon reps and they said that they did get a call about me and that the information is accurate on the replacement start date.

Excellent news. I was told 3-4 weeks until the new SGN7's will arrive. I'm about to leave the country on a cruise ship for 3.5 weeks so hopefully the timing works out perfectly for me.
It would have been nice to use Note7's camera on the cruise but this S7 Edge loan they gave me has the same camera yeh?

Upvote 0
Fingers crossed nothing happens to change that date! I am holding on to mine to swap phone for phone as my Verizon store refused to offer a temporary solution at all. They insisted on either full refund and simply start at back of queue once phones are available for sale again or trade for a different phone. Didn't matter to them what Samsung website said. Tired of beating my head against that brick wall. I will revert to my Moto X in the interim but after using the Note it will be a sad change.
I had the same issue..seems other carriers were giving loaners but nit Verizon. Even tbr phone Samsung said to get as a loaner was out of stock at my store. Hoping they have new phones this week sometime as promised.

Reactions: Duckster
Upvote 0
All I want is a new, non-flammable Note 7. So I go to the Samsung website and it says to contact the carrier. Okay, so I call Verizon and they say call Samsung's toll-free number. So I call the toll-free number and they tell me to go to the retailer. So I call Sam's Club and they said, "Well, according to the Samsung website..." :thinking:
Exactly where are you with Sam's Club? I was told only that I could get an S7 and keep it-period! No exchange. So frustrated..I dont want the S7!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones