1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

So as I download my first ROM I ponder my action.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Spradle, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Spradle

Spradle Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    Ok, So I read a bit about my droid and decided to root it via unrevoked. All went well because even though I am a newb, I read a few simple instructions. (ok they weren't that simple for me!)

Now I read some more, and I decided to download my first ROM, and it is in the process right now. HOWEVER, All I used was ROM manager. I believe I backed up my "current rom" how my phone came.

Anyways I keep reading about nandroid backup. Do I need nandroid backup if I just use the backup tool on ROM manager?

Did I mess up big time or am I ok?

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the Tax man
    Cotswolds, England
    Don't worry.. you're using ClockworkMod for your backup... so OK ish for nandroid (I use an earlier version of Clockwork Mod recovery as there seems to be a problem with the current version... just select an earlier version from the bottom of the menu until this is sorted out).

I would strongly suggest that now you are rooted that you install Titanium Backup Pro as this offers the most complete backup of all.

Hope this helps. :D

3. Spradle

Spradle Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    Thanks!
    I dont even need to restore anyways, turns out I love this mod :D

4. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    @Spradle,
    Are you using a Motorola Droid? The reason I ask, is because rooting and ROM related discussions are best done in the phone rooting sections.

There are many differences in this respect. For example, using a ROM Manager is a big NO for HTC Desire users (and possibly for other phones with CWM), since it is messing up the backups and causing frequent fails.

In general - doing nandroid backup is highly recommended, because it is your ticket to go back if anything goes wrong. TB takes care for the backup/restore of your apps and in this respect it is another must have.