1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips So Bummed Right Now!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IlIOsirisIlI, Jul 19, 2011.

1. IlIOsirisIlI

IlIOsirisIlI Newbie
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Male
    Went to Best Buy today got my Triumph, played with it all day, loved it, best virgin phone out there by far. I got home tonight where all cell phone carriers service suck. Even my Virizon work phone gets one bar. All I can do is text by the windows. So I put my Triumph by the window and tried to send a text and nothing just says searching for service, and shows a red circle with a line through it. I have always been able to send text, with my Optomus V and Intercept at home they would get one bar. I am so bummed I loved this phone. I Guess its back to Best Buy the Triumph goes. So warning to the people that live in a bad cell area! Triumph seems not to receive as strong as signals as the other Virgin Android Phones.

Advertisement

2. rubejb

rubejb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    Yeah, I had a similar problem with my Verizon service.

I had a Krazr phone and got no service at all after I moved into a new house. So I searched around and found out another Moto phone (I don't recall the model) was known for having a stronger antenna and better reception. And it worked great.

My Optimus works fairly well but the Virgin Mobile signal is pretty weak here as well. So I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a signal with the Triumph when I upgrade.

One thing you could to is get a Google Voice number if you don't already have it, forward the GV calls to your cell and give the GV number as your phone number. That way, when you're in a service area you'll get the call as normal. And when you're at home you can at least get texts and voicemails either through the GV app on your phone, or on a computer.

But that's just what I would do.

3. budsclass201

budsclass201 Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Sorry to hear that. I live in a good cell area and my Triumph gets about half the bars that my Optimus V got. And the wifi is reception is pretty weak. In my house I could get wifi reception anywhere on my Optimus v or any other wireles device. With the Triumph, the wifi cuts in and out and I have to be near the router to get consistent connectivity. I love the screen, camera, hd camcorder though. I heard virgin is coming out with a LG "black" model in a few months. I'll just keep this until that comes out.
    LG Optimus Black Heading to Sprint, Virgin Mobile and Alltel - Softpedia

4. rubejb

rubejb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    Well damn. I love my Optimus V, and was looking forward to upgrading to the Triumph. But with all the quirks people are coming across I'm a bit reluctant to jump on the Triumph.

Maybe waiting for the Optimus Black would be a better idea. Decisions decisions.

5. stef7

stef7 Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Male
    Systems Engineer
    When cell coverage is an issue, there are devices like the airave access point which may help. You'd have to ask if the device could be used with a VM phone though.

6. harvickchick

harvickchick Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Female
    Kernersville, NC
    The service is definitely different with this phone. I'm noticing in places where I used to have 3g, it says 1x instead. However the service and data speeds seem to be the same

7. IlIOsirisIlI

IlIOsirisIlI Newbie
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Male
    Airave only works with sprint. I asked Virgin about that before.

8. insertusername

None

Jul 4, 2011
    United States
    That's unfortunate OP.
    At least your VZW phone works, but you'll have to pay that ridiculous VZW bill. Have you tried T-Mobile or AT&T? They might be cheaper and yield similar, if not better service.

Verizon is so overpriced it's almost disgusting.

I'm so thankful that all carriers work well where I live, so it gives me a lot of options.

9. jcpwn2004

jcpwn2004 Member
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    I switched from verizon to VM yesterday when I purchased the triumph. My verizon service was terrible b4, and it sadly isn't any better now with the triumph. I don't understand how the service can be so bad, I live in the middle of phoenix. It seems to be worse so far on VM though, I've already missed a bunch of calls :(.

10. IlIOsirisIlI

IlIOsirisIlI Newbie
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Male
    At&T And T-mobile dont work. I dont care about talking on it, I just use my land line. All I want to do is text. I am just going to switch back to my Optimus V (able to text on it from my house) and Wait for the Optimus Black.

11. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    IF you had bothered to read in several places it's been mentioned that in side-by-side comparisons with the OV we're getting about 5-7dBm less signal on the MT v. OV. To me it's the only "real" major drawback of the MT... ain't no way I'd go back to an OV ever though...

He said it was a WORK phone, so he's apparently NOT paying for it, his company is. Besides I've always had the BEST coverage from Verizon and if it weren't for their insane contracts and rates I'd be using them in a heartbeat...

12. courtniegarner

None

Aug 17, 2011
    I just got this Virgin Mobile Optimus Droid whatever the heck you wanna call it like 4 days ago.. And i'm getting NO SIGNAL what so ever. Begining it was working perfectly fine now i have absolutely no signal and i don't know what is causing it. I'm within the boundaries of having it. i need help!