• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories So did u put a case on your new phone?

If you get the silicon case for the phone (or any case for that matter) will you have to take it off to plug it into the desk cradle? I have not used cases in the past for my blackberry or my eris (so I am a definite newbie on this one) but this phone is so light I am afraid a puff of wind will blow it right out of my hand.

You will need to take the case off, but it is easy to do, yet the case is really quality fitting and I dont see it getting stretched or ill-fitting due to it being taken off repeatedly.

Upvote 0
Does it bother anyone that VZ is charging 25 bucks! for a 50 cent piece of plastic?? You can find similar cases on Amazon for 2 to 10 dollars. Really makes me feel like I'm getting ripped off by Big Red!

Yea the store should honestly charge about 10 or 12 dollars for them. They do seem made well though and do have nice packaging which i guess adds to the price a bit over amazon where it would probably just come in a plastic bad (which is fine with me).

However if you know anyone with an employee discount just tell them that persons phone number when you check out. I paid 16 dollars with tax for the 20 dollar one after my discount, which made it a little more reasonable, although still more then i like to spend on a friggin case.

I probably would have just waited and gotten it from somewhere online, but i didn't see anywhere that had a flexible glossy case like the one Verizon is selling and it was exactly what i was looking for.

Upvote 0
2 piece case/holster I went with - Purchased on ebay for $19.99 shipped
!B2vPunw!mk~$(KGrHqEOKjsEyLopRozzBMjpT2hhQw~~_35.JPG
!B2vPuQwBWk~$(KGrHqQOKigE)TL9W!zjBMjpT1MGMg~~_35.JPG

Upvote 0
I just got my Fascinate via FedEx yesterday. I then went to the store and bought their screen protectors (which I now wish I had waited to get one that covers the whole front). The rep told me they had a deal on accessories so I let her show me the cases. I was worried about adding bulk to the phone cause I love how thin & lite it is, but ended up purchasing the gloss black silicone case. I love it! Ended up getting mine for $14.99 (and my screen protectors for $9.98) after my discount.

Upvote 0
Here's my case. Picked it up at Verizon.

I too have this case (in blue) and my wife has the red one. I also got screen protectors but they're the anti-glare ones... I'm thinking about ripping them off and getting ones that aren't anti glare only cause it seems to distort the screen a lil bit.

And yes, for anyone asking, you have to remove the case for the desk cradle and for the car cradle. The reason we went with this particular case was b/c it could be removed easily. I still don't like to do it for the desk cradle so I'm taking it back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones