• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So excited for my Nexus One ^^

Ngo93

Android Enthusiast
Feb 24, 2010
plus.google.com
Apparently, my friend ordered a Nexus One for me as a gift. But he told me that he opened it to just check it out and the screen was defective. He said he went through some of the 1st time set up stuff and after that a huge purple line was going straight through the middle of the screen and everything was all fuzzy. He sent it back 2 days ago and now we're just waiting for the replacement.

Dang, I'm so excited for it to come in! Anyone have any idea how long it should take for the replacement to arrive? And is it actually neccessary to charge the phone to a green light before first turning it on? Does the battery really get better?

Oh wow...that's some friend!!! Bday gift? ;) And awww...dang >_> that's bad luck with the screen :( Did your phone look something like this: Nexus One cracked screen: How did our Google phone break? - Crave at CNET UK

Since it's within the 14 days grace period, I would think it'd be less then a week. It says in the quick guide to 'charge the phone until the notification light turns green'. Yes, the battery does get better after a couple of full discharges.

Well you'll definitely enjoy your phone, especially with 2.2 going to come out soon...maybe tomorrow ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, he's a really good friend of mine. But I'm not sure what the screen looked like. He just told me that he was gonna give it to me but the screen messed up so he had to send it back. But I'd imagine that the screen was similar to that phone.

And yeah, I've been reading on 2.2 and the conference tomorrow. I don't know too much about it but you already know that I'm excited!

Upvote 0
I don't know about sending the phone back since mine has been great since day 1. Hopefully it stays that way!

As for the battery charging - from what I've read, Lithium Ion batteries do not need to be charged and fully discharged and all of that since they do not retain memory like the older nickel-whatever batteries. They are apparently incredibly hard to ruin, so feel free to charge as much as you want whenever you want. Personally, I plugged mine into the wall and turned it on as soon as I got it, because I am incredibly impatient, and my battery life is just as good as anyone else's it seems.

So feel free to enjoy your new phone the second it comes in! And welcome to the club

Upvote 0
And yeah, I've been reading on 2.2 and the conference tomorrow. I don't know too much about it but you already know that I'm excited!

You know what'd be cool? When you get your replacement phone...it comes preinstalled with Froyo! lol How awsome would THAT be! lol

As for the battery charging - from what I've read, Lithium Ion batteries do not need to be charged and fully discharged and all of that since they do not retain memory like the older nickel-whatever batteries. They are apparently incredibly hard to ruin, so feel free to charge as much as you want whenever you want. Personally, I plugged mine into the wall and turned it on as soon as I got it, because I am incredibly impatient, and my battery life is just as good as anyone else's it seems.

I've read that too...but I also noticed a big improvement when I discharged my battery a few times. I went from 14 hours to 18-20 hours with the same usage.

I was bad when I got my phone actually...was sooooe excited that I quickly scanned the quick fact, popped my sim/battery in...pressed the on button...and the phone started up (not charged yet). This was when I learnt that the battery comes 1/2 charged! In my haste...I forgot about charging it first before you turn it on XD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones