• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

so grateful for Android

AndroidSPCS

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
USA
Sometimes through our colored lenses we get a bit jaded about the minor issues we have with the various Android phones.

I have to say that I am so grateful for Android.

My wife has a HTC Touch Pro 2, a crapiful Windows Mobil 6.5 phone that makes Android look so amazing.

The TP2 is less than 7 months old, and we've had issues with freezing since the 3rd month of ownership.

Just recently the phone will turn on, but when you press the power button to turn off the display to put it on standby, the OS freezes and you cannot turn the display back on. So you have to do a battery pull to get the phone to turn back on.

Contrast this with my Android phones which just work beautifully, period. No fuss no muss.

I know another relative who has a TP2 who has the same issue, is on the 3rd replacement TP2 from Sprint / Asurion and it's doing the same thing. Talk about going insane!!!

What good is a smartphone if it can't be woken up to make phone calls? :mad::mad:

I hope to upgrade my wife's phone to Android soon (probably the Epic since it's so cheap now). We're waiting for the annual upgrade to become effective so we can leave Win Mobile hell. :mad::mad:

Greedy! You have 3 androids and won't let your wife get one? Lol.

Lol I was going to say the same thing haha.

LOL her plan is too sweet to give up. Basically an Everything data plan but only half the price, which is why we couldn't switch...

But OMFG, I got Android 2.2 working on it!!

I did the same thing with my tp2. I did for kicks and I ended up giving it away after I left sprint.

Reactions: AndroidSPCS
Upvote 0
I did the same thing with my tp2. I did for kicks and I ended up giving it away after I left sprint.
Android is working well enough, but there's still lag when receiving calls somtime. So this is a temporary fix.

If we can make it last until fall, for her to get the Samsung Galaxy S2, that would be worth changing the plan from F&C to ED plan... :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones