• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories So guys, Seidio Innocase

I can see you are all excited, but what makes this 5 ct piece of plastic worth 30 bucks?

I mean seriously, you can reason that you want to protect your investment etc etc. But with cases available on ebay for 3-5 bucks, how do you justify spending 30 bucks on something that is molded in china for pennies?

You can do a lot with 30 dollars!

This isn't a rip on seido cases at all. I'm just noticing this trend on cases in general. The american public is getting 0 value on all these cases. Buy an ipod for 200 bucks, spend 30 on a case. this makes no sense.

Wow, thanks for the wise words. You've changed my life around.

Have you ever bought anything? Then you're getting ripped off. period. Now shut up.

Reactions: jj3699
Upvote 0
I can see you are all excited, but what makes this 5 ct piece of plastic worth 30 bucks?

I mean seriously, you can reason that you want to protect your investment etc etc. But with cases available on ebay for 3-5 bucks, how do you justify spending 30 bucks on something that is molded in china for pennies?

This isn't a rip on seido cases at all. I'm just noticing this trend on cases in general. The american public is getting 0 value on all these cases. Buy an ipod for 200 bucks, spend 30 on a case. this makes no sense.

Compare those $5 cases with these. If you see no difference in quality, more power to you.

Upvote 0
So I figured out how to get the case off wuthout a hitch..Im soooo glad i bought one, mine fits perfect very snug, no gaps, no crackling or squeeking. Super happy with my purchase, worth every penny !!. Tommy 360 i'll try and post some pics.. did u want to see the case alone or on the phone (pretty dumb question, im guessing you want to see it with the phone) ?

Well, my main concern is just how grey it really is. Does it go well with the rest of the colors of the phone?

Upvote 0
Well, my main concern is just how grey it really is. Does it go well with the rest of the colors of the phone?

The Grey goes perfect with the phone (IMO)..I have pics but for some reason I cant post them. I would personally go with the grey over the black. You pretty much get the same neutral colorway, but with a litle more contrast. The only reason I would say to get the black was if the seam was a big deal to you( I thought it would be to me, but it turn out not to bother me at all )..I'll try and post the pics up again later

Reactions: Tommy360 and jj3699
Upvote 0
I just got the black one in the mail. I like the black because it's slick and subtle, but color aside, this case is AMAZING.

It's SO flush with the phone it's ridiculous. It fits so much more snug and it's so much more secure than the Verizon case. There is really a world of difference, I'm sooooo happy about the way it fits and feels!

Thanks for the info guys! :)

Upvote 0

A couple of years ago, many contractors rationalized that drywall was drywall, and they could save money by buying cheap Chinese drywall. As for cases, it comes down to design concerns such as fit and aesthetics, as well as the amount of protection provided.

As for the value provided. one can argue that any type of insurance (health, auto, etc.) provides zero value as well. However, their value comes into play when they're put to use. If that $30 case saves you from having to purchase a replacement $200 ipod, then it has more than paid for itself.

Reactions: Mastermind
Upvote 0

That white just looks weird haha to each their own!!

PS, did anyone else notice that somehow without adding much thickness this case protects the camera lens way better than the Verizon case?

Also, it's MUCH easier to press the power button on this case. It's a little lower in the back so your finger can just roll onto the power button rather than pushing your finger into a small gap in the case. This might not sound like much, but it really makes a huge difference to me. The comfort level on every aspect of this case is amazing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones