1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So *$!)%#@! hard on the eyes!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by MoodyBlues, Feb 26, 2020.

1. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Good grief, it's really getting to me! The JARRING (thanks, @Hadron) bold black text:

Screenshot_20200226-114017.png

Blue, beautiful blue, even when you're bold, underlined, you're still so easy on the eyes.

I miss you...beautiful blue...

2. Yes it's annoying.
    Dark theme on the phone app is much less so.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  3. MoodyBlues

Well, I will say one [other] thing: it's not as bad on a computer:

tmp_AF_laptop_022720.jpg
    But I still don't like it. :(

In fact, though easier on the eyes on a laptop, it's also more difficult to discern read from unread threads.

olbriar, NightAngel79 and Xyro like this.
  4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Keep this feedback coming please!

SOme changes are happening to phone/device forums, then maybe @Rob will revisit this and try a tweak at least.

MoodyBlues likes this.
  5. What about making different themes available in the user CP so everyone can have the site display as per their personal preference? I know it's possible in Xenforo, another forum I use that's on XF has a dark theme as an option.

MoodyBlues likes this.
  6. MoodyBlues

Okey-dokey! I know I've been a bit of a pest, so I'll try to rein it in. :)
    Yes, I noticed some additions, and like them. I was wondering how to write a review. All the boards I looked at showed 0 reviews--of course, I tried pressing on those words...but that didn't do anything. :thinking:

This isn't very important, but there are different versions of the Kindle Fire HD--mine, for example, is 8.9"--but as its board is now, the new info only applies to one. I'd rather have beautiful blue back [or some other eye-pleasing color] first, though. :D

olbriar and NightAngel79 like this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

No problems here.
    Works for me.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. MoodyBlues

:p You're in the minority! :p

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

if i take my glasses off and look at it from a distance, it looks fine.....but not close up with my glasses.

MoodyBlues likes this.
  10. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

OT: Story of my life.

11. NightAngel79

Administrator

Well the app will create forums for devices if using that device, so maybe we added the wrong specs. But very hard to track down all the kindle variations. If it makes sense to make that section generic, or to word it better to include other devices, *or* (lol) to make separate forums, let us know in a new thread!

So I *think* the intention is if someone creates a new thread there are new tags to use, and once you create a thread with whatever tag, it will show when you filter to that by clicking on it. Let us know though! Very interested in these new features driving up engagement.

MoodyBlues likes this.
  12. MoodyBlues

You're not alone. :) The whole time I lived in Texas, I was in a minority. :eek:

As I learned in Dallas, even a fish out of water can find tiny ponds alive with similar fish, to commiserate with and have fun with. It's just a matter of finding them.

13. MoodyBlues

Wait...what?! Do you mean that if Joe Blow, on a Moto OMG1234, visits AF using its app, a Moto OMG1234 forum gets created? And it pulls its specs from Joe's device? Or am I completely misunderstanding what you're saying?
    NO. :eek: There's no need for additional Kindle boards--the existing one is dead. :( Too bad, too, but apparently most people with Kindles don't do what I did: root it, turning it into a real Android tablet. I never call it 'my Kindle,' I call it 'my tablet.' Well, anyway, no. :)

Xavier Black and dontpanicbobby like this.
  14. NightAngel79

Administrator

Yes to the first part, except we import the specs manually. But if Joe Blow, or John Smith, uses the app and logs in with *any* phone, a forum is auto created. It isn't perfect, and renames and edits happen in the background all the time, but yes. Then staff imports specs and pics (just did this for all phones in past couple weeks) to make each section look more presentable.

15. MoodyBlues

Gotcha, @NightAngel79, and it sounds very cool. But it's strictly by using AF's app, right?, not a browser on a device.

So Jane Doe visits via the app, and if her device's forum already exists, nothing happens? Or is she taken to its forum? Probably not the latter--if she arrived by searching for help with Twitter, she'd want to see threads about Twitter, not just in her device's forum. [I'm basically thinking out loud.]

I like what I'm seeing...well, except for...you know... :rolleyes: I think the links on device boards, like to Amazon to buy the device, are good, and should help in a number of ways. It's fun watching things appear. :)

NightAngel79 likes this.
  16. NightAngel79

Administrator

So yea, only from app. If they land here from twitter (and have the app installed) they would be directed to the thread they were linked to. But part of 'their' channels would be a section for their phone.

Liking the new layout, just need more and more threads posted!!

dontpanicbobby and MoodyBlues like this.