• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So has anyone got the 2.2 update yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you hear that we won't be able to opt in early today?? So it's just next Tuesday, nothing this weekend or today?
From Engadget.com:

Update: It's been made official! Notifications will go out starting August 3, but Sprint's doing something extremely cool by allowing eager users to opt-in early and grab the download at their choosing. Follow the break for the full press release.

EVO 4G's Android 2.2 update starts trickling out tomorrow, loads of new features and fixes in store? (update: official for August 3rd!) -- Engadget

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
OK, mass confusion on the date, all around, it looks like...time to toss out a new date. This is from the official Sprint community forums:

"Jul 30, 2010 1:46 PM
SeanD.

SprintEmployee
SeanD. says in response to Levi4u :
@Levi4u, are you referring to Sean Leary's post? If so, I believe that information is incorrect (I'm a different Sean btw). The latest info I have is that the client-initiated/manual downloads will be available this weekend(8/1)"

Which is from here:

Announcements: Sprint is the first wireless carrier to bring Android 2.2 to customers using the award-winning HTC EVO? 4G beginning Tuesday, Aug. 3

So, according the SeanD (a Sprint spokesman), it's not 7/30 or 8/2 or 8/3...it's 8/1.

Upvote 0
From Sprint themselves.

froyo81.jpg

Reactions: esone1ll
Upvote 0
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but....... I have been working with Sprint Priority Response AND Upper Level Tech support for the last 3 weeks on 4G speed..... The Priority Response member had left a message yesterday for me to call and update her on my status with Tech Support (which she has access to all of the notes), and my trip to the Sprint Repair Center for 4G testing yesterday). Well, long story short, I just called her. She was busy so talked for a couple of minutes with another rep. I asked him, before I hung up, if they had any word on the release of 2.2. He checked, and told me that they were told yesterday that the release had been delayed. He said that it didn't give a date, or reason. IF he is correct, it looks like we may have to wait a little longer. Maybe he was wrong, or the Website people didn't get the update and posted the 7/30 message on the website as scheduled.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones