1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

So here is a good Gameloft question?!?!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ogrenator, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ogrenator

ogrenator Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2010
    What happens to games bought on one phone through Gameloft when a new phone is purchased? I feel like I remember seeing that you are S.O.L. in this situation...but maybe someone can shed some light on it.

Advertisement

2. ryant35

ryant35 Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    That's a good question, I've wiped my phone a half a dozen times since I bought a Gameloft game and I forgot all about it. I need to log into their website and see if I can get it back. This time make a back-up with Titanium Backup.

3. ryant35

ryant35 Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    I just found the downloads section of the gameloft android games site, you could probably find your games you purchased there.

4. Suprtrukr425

Suprtrukr425 Newbie
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    I recently had to do this, you can find them in the "my downloads" section. Just make sure to sign in using your email. The .apk will not work on a different phone, you will have to re-download them on the new phone.

5. ogrenator

None

May 9, 2010
    ok well Ive bought them from the mobile store too...will those show up b/c they are tied to the phone number? or will it actually look at what device I bought them on and what one im using? Might have to make a call to gameloft once the 3VO comes out...

6. DILands

DILands Android Expert

Apr 8, 2010
    King of Prussia PA 19406
    I had an issue - and called them yesterday - and they sent me the links to download the games I had purchased - it's tied to the phone # - if you get a different # - you will have to repurchase.

ogrenator likes this.
  7. ogrenator

None

May 9, 2010

good thinking...i had an issue before too and they said it was tied to my # so hopefully that means I can get them all on the 3VO with no issue...

8. daveloft

daveloft Android Enthusiast
    None

May 26, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    As long as the game works with the new chipset you can definitely get your games on your new phone. They no longer limit games to your device ID like they used to.

9. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Just contact them and explain and they will provide versions for your new phone if versions for that phone are available.

They are quite reasonable. :)

10. Vanquished

Vanquished Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Student
    USA
    You would think the mobile store would be the same as the online store but they're not...which is really frustrating. As Shocky and others have said, you'll need to contact them to get the downloads of the game versions the new phone may need.

11. daveloft

daveloft Android Enthusiast
    None

May 26, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    I moved to a new phone and didn't have to contact them. I just went to gameloft.com and logged into my account and downloaded the games. It automatically gave me the apk for the Nexus S even though I bought them on Galaxy S.

12. Vanquished

Vanquished Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Student
    USA
    Did you buy them from Gameloft.com though? I type in both my email and phone number in "my games" on the wesbite and it says I haven't purchased anything. There are also two games from the mobile site that no longer show up...I've contacted them about both of these issues and never got a response back (along with other issues such as game crashes), hence the reason I extremely hate Gameloft customer support as it is non-existant for me...

Starfront kept crashing and they actually responded to me about that and resolved it. MC: Black Pegasus continues to crash after the Gameloft splash screen. They attempted to fix that but haven't been able to figure it out and said they'd give me a replacement game but never got back to me on that.

13. ogrenator

None

May 9, 2010
    as he was saying the online store and mobile store are not the same...im not worried about the online store but i have bought from both....as far as the games crashing...did they tell you why it was happening i have both games and they never crash