• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So, how does flash affect your battery life?

I haven't really done extensive tests, but I would imagine Flash wont be that bad on your battery. What's going to end up draining the battery now that we have flash is leaving the screen on while watching videos, playing games, and doing whatever we want on the internet just because we can. The screen being on while playing with the phone (which I played with my phone quite a bit before 2.2, I bet I'll never get off of it now) will surely be a big battery bruiser.

Upvote 0
I tried watching some flash video on fox.com today, and my battery starting draining. I also noticed the 'beta' is a true term as the video wasn't able to stay synced for more than a couple minutes.

Still happy with the ability to have it though - and the rest of the Froyo changes definitely make it worth while. What I like best about actually having flash though, is the total experience when browsing the internet - no longer do I get building blocks all over the page.

Upvote 0
For my usual use of the Web on my N1, I can't say I have noticed a difference in battery at all. You have a choice of having Flash on all the time, or as a plug-in and used just when you want it. I thought that was a nice feature. I started off using it as a plug-in only, but now I have switched to leaving it on all the time because I didn't see that much of a difference in page loads for the sites I visit. The latest update seems to really have smoothed everything out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones