• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So How Many Of You Are Currently Using Your Note 7

Contact Samsung and tell them that it's your only phone and that you notice it's getting hot. That might help them expedite your exchange.

I turned mine in yesterday. Since I had a viable backup and don't feel I'm losing too much going back to my Note 4 (actually regained use of some of my Micro-USB devices), I'm fine with waiting until Samsung figures things out. Although, I can't help wonder if they're going to re-use some of the 2 million+ Note 7 returns and try to issue them out as "new", so I may steer clear of the entire Note 7 line for now. And who knows, I may wait for the Note 8 (something tells me it'll have a removable battery).

Upvote 0
I only charge mine wirelessly, and it has never gotten warm. So far, so good: but I'm still anxious to get this swapped out so there is no imminent threat to life, property and (most importantly) data :D
Yeah I'm still using mine and plan to keep using it.

Mine would still get a little warm with the Samsung fast charging wireless charger.

Upvote 0
Still using mine as I can't see going back to the g3 or s5. I downloeaded gsam battery monitor and set an alarm for my battery when it goes over 100 degrees or over voltage. I turned off wireless fast charging, because that's how I charge overnight. I'm just hoping sprint gets the new ones soon.

However I'm really enjoying using this phone without a screen cover. It's gonna be hard going back to the crappy wet application screen covers.

Upvote 0
Well now... this will complicate things BIG TIME!

http://phandroid.com/2016/09/10/samsung-galaxy-note-7-deactivated/

So anyone still using their Note 7 after September 30th is subject to remote deactivation! Nice, Samsung. What if this recall goes into overtime? What if it takes MONTHS to fix all this? If Sammy starts shutting down our phones remotely, they're gonna take a public relations PUMMELING.

:mad:

Upvote 0
Well now... this will complicate things BIG TIME!

http://phandroid.com/2016/09/10/samsung-galaxy-note-7-deactivated/

So anyone still using their Note 7 after September 30th is subject to remote deactivation! Nice, Samsung. What if this recall goes into overtime? What if it takes MONTHS to fix all this? If Sammy starts shutting down our phones remotely, they're gonna take a public relations PUMMELING.

:mad:
This is not true. It was proven not true it was taken from Reddit and not from a trusted source.

Reactions: GeekInTraining
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones