• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

so how often do you guys usually

There's a thing often called polyphasic sleep, where you condition your brain to enter deep sleep as soon as you fall asleep. To do this, you get to sleep 20 minutes every 3 hours (there are different techniques). That means less than 3 hours of sleep per day. Image what you could do with 4 or 5 more productive hours in your days (for years!). Of course if you have a regular job or are a student, you probably can't do it. Also it's supposed to be very hard at first because you are not conditioned to have good sleep as soon as you hit the pillow. Animals do that all the time.

HOWEVER, there might be drawbacks. I'm no expert on sleep and it's possible that it is not so good for your health. If you really want to try that (I haven't), search on the internet beforehand.

I once read a blog about a a guy who was doing this, and he said that his dreams were just like reality, much more vivid than normal dreams. Lucid dreaming is another interesting subject. When dreaming, you have to realize that you are dreaming (without waking up!), and then there are tips and tricks to modify the dream to whatever you want. Yes, anything. :rolleyes:

I remember reading that you should get the habit of checking your watch twice. That way, you get this habit in your dreams too and if the watch doesn't display the same time twice, it means that you are dreaming. Also, when you realize that you are dreaming and want to be someplace else, all you got to do is a complete spin and the scenery will be totally different.

I guess that'd be fun, but I don't even remember most of my dreams.

Another good way to become a lucid dreamer is to keep a dream diary, every day you wake up try and remember what you dreamt about and write it down immeadiatly. After a few weeks compare each of the things you have been dreaming about and spot similarities! once you spot common things that happen within your dreams, you will realsie when your dreaming due to these common things.

also if you dream your flying - dr freud says your secretly dreaming about sex ;)

Upvote 0
Another good way to become a lucid dreamer is to keep a dream diary, every day you wake up try and remember what you dreamt about and write it down immeadiatly. After a few weeks compare each of the things you have been dreaming about and spot similarities! once you spot common things that happen within your dreams, you will realsie when your dreaming due to these common things.

also if you dream your flying - dr freud says your secretly dreaming about sex ;)

Thanks for the tip. Although I often try to remember my dreams and rarely do... Is there a better technique than remembering what you did the previous day?

Upvote 0

I tried that for awhile in high school. It worked for me :) I still remember my dreams

Upvote 0
I work a full-time job, early business hours (7-4 type of deal). I need a minimum 8-hour-sleep window, so I'm usually in bed by 10pm to wake up around 6am. I take multiple medications at night to help me sleep and deal with some other things, so if I don't get an 8 hour window, the medications make it very difficult to function when I have to wake up :p

Upvote 0
Full-time student, Full-time job, and launching a new business.

Awake at 7AM, Asleep at 11PM-Midnight.

How do you have time for everything :thinking: I can barely keep myself on top of things with only 1 course I'm taking with a full time job. I can't imagine being a full time student and working for 40+ hours a week...and how DO you have time to post as much as you do on AF? lol

Upvote 0
How do you have time for everything :thinking: I can barely keep myself on top of things with only 1 course I'm taking with a full time job. I can't imagine being a full time student and working for 40+ hours a week...and how DO you have time to post as much as you do on AF? lol

Meh, idk. I like to keep busy.

School is easy, I do the "online thing" so I can wrap up a weeks worth of school in a handful of hours. Most of the time I'm just "learning" stuff I already know, but I need that almighty degree that says I really know it. :rolleyes:

Another reason is I read pretty darn fast, and type 115-ishwpm during "bursts" and normally about 80 wpm. (Given I have a comfortable keyboard. )

But quite literally, from 7am to 11-12pm I'm always doing something, and there's alot of waiting when it comes to MySQL setups and large file transfers.

I did, however, take today off =)

And another helpful tip, some people forget there are 7 days in the week in which most people only work 5 of them. I have some pretty ambitious life goals, and the other 2 days a week are a huge helpful boost towards achieving them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones